Thursday, July 02, 2009

Democracy or Republic?

Is our government a democracy or a republic?

To find out the answer to this question click HERE. This is a short video clip about USA's type of government. I found it very educational and made me more appreciative of The Founding Fathers.

The Fourth of July Holiday is my most favorite one of all - no gifts of giving or obligations - it's pure gratitude for the greatest gift of freedom that our country offers.

I believe there is not a person in this country who has not been affected by war. My father served in the Vietnam war for 4 years, and he has instilled in me the importance of loyalty and patriotism to our country. Glen, My brother-n-law served for 18 months in Iraq - he was called to duty just 4 short months after he and my sister were married. I am indeed grateful for those who are willing to answer to the call of Freedom - I hope I may be that brave and courageous if the call ever came to me, though I pray it doesn't. But I am so grateful that I can stand, place my right hand over my heart, and give pledge and allegiance to The Flag Of The United States of America.

The 3rd verse to the National Anthem should be sang more often - and heeded as well. It's message is powerful and true:

"Oh, thus be it ever, when free men shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!

Blest with Vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land
Praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserved us a nation!

Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be out motto: 'In God is our Trust!'

And the star spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!"


God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment